Editors Note: This is a guest post written by Interior Designer, Debbie Abercrombie.
Choosing or using wallpaper? Here are some tips to get you on the right track!
- Consider the size of the area. Large scale patterns can make a space feel larger, small patterns will close it in
- Small patterns, texture and multi colours can make it cosy and inviting
- A feature wall or a walk through space can afford for you to be braver as it is not a space you will spend a lot of time in
- Choose patterns and colours sympathetic to the style and era of the home
- Pattern dominates, so be sure it flows with other elements in the room
- Use your wallpaper as an inspiration for other accessories or to enhance a connecting room
- Wallpaper breaths new life in to a room: Don’t be shy, show it off and be brave with your choice. Make that statement!!
Whats new in wallpaper?
- Old patterns reinvented in new colours and a larger scale
- Beautiful practical sophisticated vinyls that look like linen, grasscloth and raw silk
- Botanicals and butterflies that come to life
- Concrete...timber...even corrugated iron