What do you think of when you hear the word Ethanol? Fuel, Alcohol
What about the word Bio? Organic, Renewable, Safe
Put those words together to make Bio-Ethanol or Renewable Fuel.
Bio – Ethanol is made using fermented products such as sugar cane, corn and other plant based materials.
These natural, all-renewable resources work together to create an ethanol fuel source that provides not only heat buy a beautiful dancing flame as well.
Some of the additional benefits of using Ethanol fuel includes:
Environmentally friendly – Ethanol fuel is all natural and made from renewable resources. This means that you are not cutting down valuable trees that take much longer to regenerate.
Better Breathing – There is no air pollution with ethanol fuel. This means that you, as well as everyone else help to keep chemicals and toxins from being released into the air. You will breathe better in your home, and everyone else benefits from the reduction of pollutants, as well. There’s no odour or smoke to worry about, either, providing you a safe flame.
Cleaner Source – Ethanol fuel creates a clean heat source, eliminating the need to worry about cleaning soot or ash. Cleaning our Bio Flame burners is a breeze.
Super Simple – The ethanol fuel used in Ethanol fireplaces is simple to use. Within seconds, you will have it refilled, never having to worry about trekking into the cold weather to get another log.
The Bio Flame environmentally friendly fireplaces use ethanol fuel, because it provides a better heat choice for you, and for everyone else. You never compromise on having a beautiful-looking fireplace, warmth, and a beautiful flame. Ethanol fuel provides all the things you want, and nothing you don’t. When it comes to having a fireplace, it doesn’t get much sweeter than that.
Benefits of an Ethanol Fireplace
When it comes to purchasing a fireplace, you have a lot of options available to you. But that doesn’t mean they are all going to give you great benefits. Sure, they will all provide you with some heat (or at least should) but, for some fireplaces, that is where the benefits both begin and end. When you choose a Bio Flame environmentally friendly fireplace, you get a list of benefits, some in areas you may not even have thought about!
Here are some of the benefits you will get by using a Bio Flame ethanol fuel fireplace:
• No heat loss. With a traditional fireplace that has a chimney, you will lose 70 percent of the heat, and will only get to warm your home with 30 percent. With a Bio Flame ethanol fuel fireplace, however, your home will get 100 percent of the heat. There is no chimney, so all the heat stays in the home.
• Renewable resources. Ethanol fuel that is used in the Bio Flame fireplace is made from sustainable resources. The ethanol fuel is made from fermenting sugars, including the use of cane sugar, beets, potatoes, and corn. Our oxygen- producing trees never get cut down, just to be burned up.
• No air pollution. Traditional fireplaces put a lot of pollutants into the air, including chemicals, smoke, and toxins. The Bio Flame ethanol fireplace burns clean, so you never have to worry about any air pollution from it, nor about any ash, soot, or smoke.
• Beautiful appearance. Many people fall in love with the beautiful, stylish designs in which the Bio Flame ethanol fireplaces are available. They can make any home or office look top - notch.
• All natural. The ethanol fuel that is used in the Bio Flame environmentally friendly fireplace is all- natural. Made from plant- based materials, it is harmless, and free of toxins.
• Super easy. Not only is the ethanol fireplace simple to use, but the ethanol fuel takes only seconds to refill. Setting up the ethanol fireplace for the first time is also a breeze, with most people having it ready to use within 30 minutes. Obtaining ethanol fuel is also a much easier process than trying to obtain wood to burn.
An Ethanol fireplace is a quiet simple construction, and because of the fuel (denatured ethanol) – there is no need for a chimney or massive installation. Since it doesn’t need a chimney, it’s a mobile fireplace unless a product is from our Wall Mount Collection which is wall installed. Having a mobile fireplace is great in many ways: if you move you can take it with you, if you change the décor you can move the fireplace, you can take it out on the deck – and many more.
Unlike burning wood, the ethanol fireplace doesn’t emit any dangerous fumes when burning. That’s the reason it doesn’t need a chimney – the fuel is so clean that the final product of the flame is a very small amount of water and carbon dioxide. We still recommend leaving a window open to let in fresh air.
Having a clean flame also gives other benefits. Of course, you don’t get any ashes as the remaining liquid vaporise, but another thing is soot. You won’t get any soot on your walls or ceilings.
Are Bio-Flame Fireplaces Certified?
Our Fireplaces are made in Canada and are UL and ULC certified. The tests that are conducted cover such areas as code, safety, and health aspects. The UL and ULC certification includes a series of tests that are done on products to evaluate the product and ensure that it meets their high standards. Once a product has received certification it will need to periodically be tested again, to ensure that standards are still being met.
Do I need a permit to install a Bio - Flame?
Currently in New Zealand there are no council regulations for Ethanol Fireplaces. We recommend internal installation be carried out by a tradesman. All installation instructions are with your Bio - Flame when delivered.
Editors Note: This is a guest post written by Hayley Sinton from South Pacific Ethanol